Purpose: Describe Voki's features, suggest possible implementations
Activity & Discussion: Participate in this post's discussion by making a commitment-free Voki avatar
Goal: Find possible ways to incorporate Voki into your course
User Friendliness and Features: Voki is in its basic form a talking avatar.
- As far as avatar creation goes, you can choose your avatar's look from several sets of features: clothes, accessories, backgrounds, and voices
- Anyone can create an avatar and share it regardless of having an account set up or not
- Share links through email, direct links, embed code for your site, and social media publishing, and educational platform publishing
- Record your own voice through a microphone, by phone, or choose text-to-speech
- Integrated stop, pause, replay, and edit features
- Text-to-speech available in several languages
- Voki Classroom allows the creation and management of content for class accounts ($2.50/month or $29.95 /year)
Can you add to the following uses? 21stcenturyedtech.com suggests 20 more ways to use Voki in classrooms.
- What other uses can you think of to apply within your classroom?
- Have you used it before and what are some of the challenges you encountered?