Best of all, you don't have to be in a classroom to take advantage of this great educational tool. Since it is available as an app, anyone with an iPhone or iPad can access it and start learning, reviewing, and just keeping sharp!
- iTooch Elementary: math, science, ELA and health; ranging from grades 3-5, available on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
- iTooch Jr High School - subjects math, ELA, health; grades 3-5; available on iPad
- iTooch SAT (awaiting iPad release) - subjects math, critical reading, biology, US History
- iTooch English (awaiting iPad release) - TOEFL Prep
- Each title/section/subject are priced at 5.99. Depending on the size of the classroom, and iPad per student ratio, it is reasonably priced. Each section comes with a couple of free "preview exercises" to try out and get a feel for what kind of material is covered and how. I tried a couple of the ELA titles on my iPhone, and I absolutely loved the interactivity. It was like playing a game!
- The "Help" sections provide lesson summary aid for students and teachers. Depending on the grade level, this might be too complicated for some students to read which is why I think this feature is more for the teacher's use.
- Exercises take the form of multiple choice, short answer-input, and text selection
- There appears to be a progress and mastery chart that students and teachers can refer to for each topic, however I am unsure if there are any embedded teacher monitoring systems.
Other Fun Features:
iTooch on Twitter